This is an outline for the development of the site. There are two versions.
The first, which is mostly done now, is a single page site with essential information on. The aim of the version 1 is a respectable web site with useful information on that can be publicised elsewhere (Instagram, Facebook, business cards, CVs and other publicity etc.).
The second will be a multipage version and include a CMS.
Can include some or all of the following.
- Branding - establish the look of the site including:
- colours / gradients
- font sizing and line-height
- logo designs
- icon designs
- line - shape of any distinguishing lines
- Some design considerations (these can vary more than branding):
- button design
- link and hover effects
- Sections - how to divide the information into different sections.
- Section menu - could be a disappear on scroll one like Moon Landings
- Text/copy. The wording for the different sections.
- Imagery - make a start on some of the imagery (photos and illustraions)
- Contact form
- Newsletter form
- Multipage site including sections for:
- Past events
- Quotes / testimonies - could be a section on the front page?
- About (GNRR & Gabi)
- A more general blog section?? (could incorporate Past Events and Reviews.)
- Different code structure perhaps using a theme
- Sections/Pages/Footer - which sections go on the front page, what has a separate page/s and what can go in the footer (ie. on every page).
- Differnt design (but using branding established v.1)
- A Content Management System (CMS) - editing the pages for Gabi. Could be:
- Netlify-CMS (see demo) web based
- SaaS - api based service. Free tier should be fine
- Flyout (hamburger) menu for mobile sites. (eg. swinging door style)
- Imrpoved animations
- Own Git repo - could set up a separate GitLab or GitHub repo for GNRR.
- Get rid of extraneous assets like font files, image, icon files etc..
- Image CDN - could host images on a separate CDN like uploadcare
- Search?? - only if needed.
Design idea for version 2.
Emphasizing a bit more luxury/quality/sophistication to reflect the high production quality of books and the niceness of GNRR venues. (The fonts were only changed coz of software this image was created in.)